Please send this to a family member or friend who may benefit from natural TMD treatment.
Natural Care is Best and Temporomandibular Disorders (TMDs) Respond Well to Physical Therapy
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is made of bones, nerves, ligaments, discs, tendons and muscles. Like most of the other joints in the body, if there is a problem, we can help with this by:
- Decreasing pain & inflammation
- Improving range of motion & strength
- Restoring function and helping you get back to your daily activities
TMDs can be complex because of surrounding structures (the head and neck) that are all part of a complex system. Pain in the TMJ can refer to other areas of the head and neck, and pain in the head and neck can refer to structures associated with your temporomandibular joints.
Our Educational Infographics
A Great Posture Exercise for the Head and Neck
- Sit or stand in an upright position
- Bring one hand to chin
- Slowly push head straight back
- Return to starting position and repeat as instructed
Repeat: 4 Times
Hold Time: 5 seconds each
This Exercise Should be Pain Free