Seeing a Physical Therapist within 14 Days of the Onset of Pain Saves Money & Reduces the Chance of Needing Addictive Drugs, MRI, and Injections
If you have neck pain, it’s in your best interest to see a physical therapist within 14 days. Here’s the reference article. Read the conclusion for details. Click here.
Here are Some Thoughts on What to Do if You Experience Neck Pain
Here are some suggestions on what to do right away if you have neck pain. Click here to read more.
Do You Know What This Word Means?
Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia is another name for an “ice cream headache” or “brain freeze”. Click here for all of the details.
Exercise of the Month
This month we are sharing a not-so-common exercise that can help you stretch the deep muscles of the neck and can help position your neck over your shoulders.
- Sit or stand in an upright position
- Bring one hand to chin
- Gently & slowly push head straight back and hold 5 seconds
- Return to starting position and repeat 3-5 times
- Perform this exercise a few times each day to maintain neck mobility
- You should feel a stretch in the back of your neck
- The exercise should be pain free.
Suggestions on How to Decrease the Chance of Experiencing Neck Pain
Here’s an article we put together with some suggestions on how to minimize stress on your neck. Click here to read it.