You’re Twice as Likely to Have Knee Surgery If…
Here’s the reference to the abstract of the article that we mentioned in the video.
The conclusion of the study is as follows: Early referral for outpatient rehabilitation may reduce the utilization of health services that carry greater risks or costs in those with non-traumatic knee pain.
What they don’t say specifically in the conclusion is that if you have knee pain and wait four months, the odds that you will have knee surgery significantly increase! Don’t let that happen.
You can see that it makes sense to see one of our physical therapists if you have knee pain. It’s effective, affordable, covered by most insurance plans, and has little to no side effects.
Healthy Holiday Eating
Here are 8 tips to help with healthy holiday eating:
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast to help prevent overeating later on.
- Eat what’s best for you first. Fill at least half your plate with fresh fruit and veggies. You’ll have less room for the rest.
- Bring a healthy dish to a party.
- Fruit by itself makes an excellent dessert. Try placing a bowl of clementines or apples on the holiday table.
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories and sugar.
- Keep a food journal to help track what you’re eating.
- Instead of focusing on food, spend time with family, friends, and activities.
- Stay positive. If you eat more on some days, eat less on others. If you miss a workout, exercise a little longer the next day.
Want to add to our healthy holiday tips? Let your Facebook friends know. Click the share buttons above and along with ours, add your own.